Reports to: Operations Director & Executive Director
Term: October 2016 - June 2017
Expected hours/week: 15
Location: Boston, MA, USA or Durham, NC, USA (remote locations considered)
Description of Duties:
The Communications & Media Intern will work closely with the Operations Director and Executive Director to plan, execute, and assess communications efforts for Mali Health. Primarily, this position will involve:
- Posting fresh, relevant, and engaging content to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn) on a daily basis
- Updating the organization's website to reflect important changes, such as new programming
- Updating Mali Health’s profile across numerous web outlets to keep information accurate & consistent
- Tracking media outreach and performance using tools such as Google Analytics
- Managing Mali Health's Google AdWords account
- Compiling content for and editing bi-monthly newsletters for supporters
- Working with the Operations Director on new media, such as videos, webinars, and other opportunities to boost supporter engagement
- Updating internal documents and graphics to represent changes in operations and structure
The intern will also assist in the preparation and coordination of communications materials for Mali Health's fundraising efforts. This will involve coordinating with staff both in the US and in Mali to gather content such as pictures, videos, and testimonials for inclusion in fundraising messages.
This position requires a commitment of 15 hours per week, including weekly check-ins with the Operations Director.
A background in Communications or Marketing is required. Proficiency in French is a strong plus. Experience in graphic design and video and audio editing are a strong plus.
Please submit a resume, a one-page letter of motivation, and writing samples in English and French, and email them to: email@example.com. If you have an online portfolio, please link to it as well.
Please include your last name and the name of the position in the subject line.
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours per week
- We hope to get you started right away!