Southern Rhode Island Volunteers (SRIV) has an immediate opening for a marketing intern to join our team. This is an unpaid, part-time internship with flexible hours to fit students' and recent graduates’ schedules.
- Use social media and traditional forms of media (i.e. print and email) to influence donor, community partner and volunteer behavior in SRIV’s primary areas of service: Block Island, Charlestown, Exeter, Hopkinton, Narragansett, North Kingstown, Richmond, South Kingstown, Westerly and in the communities of Jamestown, East and West Greenwich, Rhode Island.
- Coordinate SRIV branding with Executive Director, key staff and the Marketing Committee to assure a consistent in look and message across all media platforms.
- Work with RSVP & Programs Director to create content for social media accounts - primarily Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Use Content Management System to schedule and manage posts.
- Create content pieces related to volunteerism, community service and SRIV’s four main programs:
- Aging & Independent Living
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Disaster Preparedness, Relief and Response
- Community Volunteering
- Help monitor and track analytics of website and social media traffic using Google Analytics. Report findings on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and analyze online conversations, report findings to Executive Director/Staff/Board as requested.
- Write a monthly story to be posted on SRIV’s website and social media accounts.
- Use editorial calendar to plan out content marketing pieces.
- Assist in maintaining SRIV’s website.
- Assist in updating and maintaining SRIV’s email and postal mail distribution lists.
- Attend staff meetings, Marketing Committee meetings and others as requested by Executive Director to stay updated on SRIV events and activities
- Substantially contribute and assist with the strategic direction of SRIV’s mission
- Attend all SRIV events, recognition, media and fundraisings as requested by Executive Director (a minimum 3 events annually)
- Perform duties as requested by the Executive Director
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Review and advise if YouTube presence is viable.
- Identify opportunities with suitable media outlets to promote SRIV’s work and report why they would be a good fit for SRIV.
- Newspapers, guest blogging, online news sources, radio and television
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Clothing room and thrift store...
- Friendly Visitor at Apple Rehab
- Homework Club
- RI Welcome Center
- General Barn Help and Facility...
- Musical Instrument Instructor
- After School Activities
- Unpaid Marketing Internship
- Tax Preparer
- Friendly Visitor/Mentors needed...
- Office Help
- Horse Handlers and Client Coaches
- Many opportunities available at...
- Classroom volunteers and mentors
- SK CARES Mentor