Since 1970 Meals on Wheels People has provided a nutritional and social lifeline for seniors through 30 meal sites in Multnomah, Washington and Clark counties and Meals on Wheels delivery to homebound seniors. With the help of more than 8,000 volunteers, the nonprofit organization now serves 5,000 meals daily and more than 1.3 million meals each year.
The MLK Center in NE Portland needs your help!
- Monday - Friday (10:00am - 12:00pm) - drivers needed
- Monday - Friday (9:00AM-1PM) - kitchen help
General Responsibilities (Drivers):
- Deliver meals to assigned addresses - check route directions
- Upon arrival at each home, take a little time to be pleasant and chat with client
- Pick up any donation envelopes from clients and return them to the center manager
- Return parking pass, coolers, keys, and route back to center
General Responsibilities (Kitchen Help):
- Setting and clearing tables
- Meal preparation and serving
- Packing Meals on Wheels coolers
- Washing dishes
Sign up online today to become a Meals on Wheels People volunteer!!!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours, we're flexible!
- Delivery drivers must be 18 yrs/old, possess driver's license, and complete background check.