Want to make a difference? Become a VAVS Event Coordinator for Soldiers’ Angels
I’m so exciting to share this life changing opportunity that will get your boots on the ground to support our veterans & their families by coordinating our monthly Mobile Food Pantries & other events!
The Events Coordinator is a regular volunteer who is willing to be responsible for organizing events for the VA Support Program of Soldiers’ Angels. This includes regular events as well as special events as approved by the VA Representative.
The Events Coordinator is also a volunteer who is willing to supervise all volunteers participating in Soldiers’ Angels VA Support Program events. This position’s success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to Soldiers’ Angels who feel fully supported and appreciated, service members who feel properly appreciated, and thorough policies in place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for organizing events for Soldiers’ Angels in support of the local VA Hospital as well as oversight of Angels participating in events.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work events on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Plan regular events for patients (e.g. luncheons, pizza parties, Bingo, movie nights) to help boost morale.
- Assist VA Representative to solicit donors to sponsor events, as well as coordinate with the VAVS office.
- Oversight of VA Support Program Event volunteers.
- Responsible for making sure that all volunteers are aware of policies and procedures to ensure a consistent quality of service, and to set clear expectations of each volunteer.
- Serve as liaison with VA Voluntary Service Coordinator on event-related matters.
- Maintain positive Social Media presence during events to include posting pictures and captions as they happen.
- Conduct After Action Review of events to include sharing stories, pictures, quotes and event statistics with VA Representative.
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established with both your Group Angels and your Team Leader.
- The event coordinator should have a love for VA special event management, be an enthusiastic, and be able to build relationships with internal and external volunteers and service providers.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to prioritize big picture ideas and execute into tangible actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
If this sounds like something that you’d enjoy, please contact: Alicia McMiller, VA Voluntary Service Site Coordinator, email@example.com, (248) 590-0208 for more details on how to join the Angels Team.
- Veteran Care
- Program Management
- Capacity Planning
- Case Work / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 5 hours a week
- *Flexible schedule available
- Angel Bakers Team, Soldiers’...
- Volunteer Coordinator - Florida
- Make a difference to veterans in...
- Outreach Team Representative...
- Veteran Administration Voluntary...
- Regional Logistics and In Kind...
- Event Planning and Community...
- Make a difference for a veteran!...
- Do you love organizing events &...
- Organize events and recruit...
- Veteran Administration Voluntary...
- Veterans Administration...
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES...
- Soldiers' Angels (SA) Events...
- Driver Volunteer
- Is your group feeling crafty?? ...
- Outreach Team Orlando Central FL
- Patient Visit Volunteer
- Is your group feeling crafty??...
- Regional In Kind & Logistics...