Hemp Colorado (HCO) is a social enterprise whose mission is three-fold: 1) mentoring and training young adults in high value career skills, 2) promoting the commercialization and use of industrial hemp, and 3) earning a profit with 10% earmarked for youth charities and the remainder to be distributed among employees.
This is a start-up enterprise and I am looking for a very specific individual who possess four key characteristics: A) complete commitment to HCO’s social mission; B) a toolbox of talents necessary to fully develop HCO’s online presence; C) extreme reliability - your word is your bond, what you commit to gets done on time, no excuses; and D) does not need an immediate paycheck. When this person is found, they will become a founding partner of HCO and be entitled to compensation as such.
HCO is starting with a simple product... clothing, specifically 60/40 hemp/cotton blend t-shirts. The complexity lies with HCO’s marketing strategy. It’s a multi-pronged approach that develops an "HCO" clothing brand while also building toward the launch of an online hemp clothing store called "Hemp.style" that will sell both HCO branded clothes and other brands. These websites will likely be built using one of the web-based e-commerce platforms like Shopify.com. They will in turn be ported to HCO’s Facebook, Pintrest and Twitter platforms, allowing direct sales through these channels. And finally, we will incorporate an online crowdfunding campaign.
In order to bootstrap HCO’s operations, our goal is to presell at least six-hundred units of both men’s and women’s t-shirts. We have devised a grass-roots marketing strategy that combines brick and mortal retail outlets with online direct sales and promotions. One key program will use t-shirt sales to benefit charities while simultaneously building HCO’s brand name recognition, product acceptance, goodwill and sales. The proceeds will be divided entirely amongst charities that directly benefit people.
To summarize, this person will be responsible for:
- HCO.style website - simple online store with only two products (multiple sizes/colors) to start.
- Social media - HCO wants to leverage social media
- Crowdfunding - Leverage network built with social media and charity shirts campaigns to raise capital to buy inventory and expand product line in preparation for the...
- Hemp.stlye website - an online store with hemp clothing from a variety of suppliers, launched using the extensive network built up with the previous steps.in conjunction with its social mission and sales of its products.
- HCO shirts for charity - a section of the HCO.style website that operates a children’s art display & competition. The winners artwork will be printed on limited edition t-shirts. The online UI will include:
- Display of artwork with online polling to establish winner
- T-shirt/Art store integrated with HCO.style that features current and past winners
- Heavy social media integration
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Website Programming
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment