Veterans Administration Voluntary Service (VAVS) Deputy Needed at John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI
I’m so exciting to share this life changing opportunity that will get your boots on the ground to support our veterans & their families!
As the VA Deputy Representative, you have a responsibility to be knowledgeable about the rules, regulations, policies and programs of the VAVS program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to commit to volunteer 5-10 hours per week
- Assist the VA Representative in the recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers.
- Coordination of the volunteer resources of Soldiers’ Angels and all aspects of their participation in the VAVS program at the medical center.
- Assistance in planning special events and coordinating the distribution of goods and services.
- Outreach within the local community.
- Attend the annual evaluation of Soldiers’ Angels participation in the VAVS program with the leadership of Soldiers’ Angels and VA (Annual joint review scheduled with the Chief of Voluntary Services) with the VA Representative.
REQUIRED MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualifications for this position include:
- Willing and able to participate in the orientation provided by the Voluntary Service Office at the VA.
- Physically capable of performing regularly scheduled (RS) hours of service and have a source of transportation.
- Ability to attend committee meetings regularly. If Soldiers’ Angels is not represented by a Representative or Deputy Representative at three consecutive meetings, Soldiers’ Angels may be dropped from the VAVS Committee.
- Ability to recruit volunteers of all ages, both from Soldiers’ Angels volunteers and the community at large.
- Ability to work effectively with Soldiers’ Angels’ volunteers and representatives from other organizations on the VAVS committee and with the VA staff.
- A genuine desire to serve on the VAVS committee and a full realization of the responsibility associated with that and the work to be done.
If this sounds like something that you’d enjoy, please contact: Alicia McMiller, VA Voluntary Service Site Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (248) 590-0208 for more details on how to join the Angels Team.
- Donor Management
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours per week
- Special Events & Planning Meetings
- Angel Bakers Team, Soldiers’...
- Volunteer Coordinator - Florida
- Make a difference to veterans in...
- Outreach Team Representative...
- Veteran Administration Voluntary...
- Regional Logistics and In Kind...
- Atlanta VA Needs Patient Visit...
- Event Planning and Community...
- Logistics and Gifts in Kind...
- Do you love organizing events &...
- Make a difference for veterans...
- GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA Veterans...
- Veterans Administration...
- Soldiers' Angels (SA) Events...
- Driver Volunteer
- Operation Top Knot, Soldiers'...
- Outreach Team Orlando Central FL
- Volunteer to Help our Veterans...
- Regional In Kind & Logistics...
- Events say Thank You to our...