Cleaning crews are the silent heroes of the food bank world and these types of heroes are sorely needed at IFCB. We want to make sure that we have the cleanest food bank on the Eastside and we need your help to do that.
When: Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 3-4 pm and Saturdays, 12:30-2 pm
Where: The Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
179 1st Ave. S.E. Issaquah, WA 98027
What: Volunteers are needed to help us clean and santize the food bank at the end of the day
- Sanitizing food surfaces, countertops and portioning supplies
- Sweeping and mopping
- Cleaning and santizing coolers
- Cleaning crates, carts and shelving units
- Santizing bathrooms
- Window washing (all ground level)
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to participate
All new volunteers must attend a new volunteer orientation
hat Should I Know if I'm Volunteering at IFCB for the First Time?
Q: Where is the food bank located?
A: The Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank (IFCB) is located at 179 1st Ave., SE in Historic Downtown Issaquah. (1st Ave. runs behind the Front Street Market shopping complex and is a one-way street.)
Q: Is there a dress code?
A: IFCB is a "jeans and a t-shirt" kind of place. Please plan to wear comfortable closed toe shoes and casual clothing that you can move in.
Q: Where should I park?
A: Free public parking is available in the lot directly across the street from the food bank, near the community center and on the other side of the green space dividing the two lots. Free street parking is also available alongside the building.
How to sign-up:
1. Please register online at https://www.issaquahfoodbank.org/volunteer/
2. Log in to the volunteer dashboard and sign up for a new volunteer orientation. **Orientations last approximately 30 minutes and are required for all new volunteers.**
3. Sign up for any volunteer shift that fits your schedule
**We accept court ordered community service volunteers, however we reserve the right to ask you how many hours you are required to serve and what your infraction was. We reserve the right to decline volunteers based on the nature of the offense.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 1 hour
- All new volunteers must attend an orientation