A core volunteer leader is someone who regularly volunteers at the ReStore (i.e., at least one day every week, like every Wednesday, 9am-5pm, etc.) and can be counted upon to lead other volunteers (novices or one-timers) and assist ReStore personnel with store responsibilities.
Core Volunteer Leaders must be at least 18 years old and undergo an orientation prior to working in the ReStore. Volunteers choose their own hours and day of service by scheduling on this website or in consultation with the volunteer coordinator. This position requires a person who has regular discretionary time, and can work the same day(s) and the same hours every week.
Core Volunteer Leaders will begin as any General Labor volunteer to become acclimated to the ReStore, but will soon receive assignments for projects and team leadership from supervisors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead teams of volunteers or work with an assistant to accomplish regularly assigned duties
- Prepare, stock, and display donated materials
- Keep Habitat ReStore clean
- Assist in loading purchases
- Work with Sales and with Pickups as needed
- Greet customers
- Interact with customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Respond to customer questions
- Assist customers in locating and loading materials
- Coordinate with Warehouse to keep shelves stocked
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- Work in an open-air environment (no heating or air conditioning) during all seasons.
- People Skills
- Sales Coaching & Training
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least one day every week
- standing for extended periods, lift and carry 25 lbs