Board of Directors candidates with professional backgrounds for non-profit nature center
34 people are interested
The Stage Nature Center is a 100-acre nature preserve located in Troy, Michigan and operated by the Troy Nature Society, a nonprofit organization. The Society conducts educational nature programs and activities for over 23,000 individuals annually.
The society is currently developing and strengthening its local Board of Directors and is seeking individuals with a background in corporate leadership, finance, fundraising, education, marketing, legal expertise or environmental awareness to serve on a nonprofit fundraising board based in our community. Currently, a priority exists for an individual with a legal background to join our Board of Directors.
Board Members assist with:
- Implementation of strategic planning and setting of board policy
- Financial development; setting fund-raising activities and policy
- Educational programming and outreach development in the community
- Board development and personnel management; networking, developing contacts in support of the organization
- Public awareness; community representation at local public relations activities
Organizational goals are to:
- Provide educational nature programs along with healthy outdoor experiences and activities for individuals of all ages
- Create an understanding of the value and necessity of stewardship of our natural environment
- Preserve and protect the Stage Nature Center for future generations
A professional background and nonprofit experience is helpful.
6685 Coolidge HighwayTroy, MI 48098
- Financial Planning
- Public Relations
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Bi-Monthly Meetings & Committee Work
- Participation in donor development and fundraising events.