116 people are interested
Board of Directors candidates with professional backgrounds for non-profit nature center
ORGANIZATION: TROY NATURE SOCIETY/Stage Nature Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
116 people are interested
The Stage Nature Center is a 100-acre nature preserve located in Troy, Michigan and operated by the Troy Nature Society, a nonprofit organization. The Society conducts educational nature programs and activities for over 29,000 individuals annually.
The Society is currently developing and strengthening its local Board of Directors and is seeking individuals with a background in corporate leadership, finance, fundraising, education, marketing, legal expertise or environmental awareness to serve on a nonprofit fundraising board based in our community. Currently, a priority exists for individuals with backgrounds in fundraising/fundraising events to join our Board of Directors. At this time, members of the Board of Directors meet (either in-person or virtually by zoom conference on the 4th Thursday evening of every other month.
Board Members assist with:
- Implementation of strategic planning and setting of board policy
- Financial development; setting fund-raising activities and policy
- Educational programming and outreach development in the community
- Board development and personnel management; networking, developing contacts in support of the organization
- Public awareness; community representation at local public relations activities
Organizational goals are to:
- Provide educational nature programs along with healthy outdoor experiences and activities for individuals of all ages
- Create an understanding of the value and necessity of stewardship of our natural environment
- Preserve and protect the Stage Nature Center for future generations
A professional background and nonprofit experience is helpful.
About TROY NATURE SOCIETY/Stage Nature Center
6685 Coolidge Highway, TROY, MI 48098, US
Mission: To provide resources and education to inspire the appreciation and preservation of nature.
Stage Nature Center is managed by the Troy Nature Society, a nonprofit organization. This unique 100-acre preserve has two miles of walking trails, rolling meadows, forest trails and marshlands. Visitors to the Stage Nature experience a variety of sights and sounds that are unique in the Troy area. Our visitors are in awe of the natural beauty that surrounds them as they walk our trails.
Inside the Stage Nature Center interpretive building, many nature-inspired educational programs are held throughout the year such as nature hikes, Knee-High Naturalists, Little Acorns, Nature Explorers, Maple Syrup Days, scouting badge completion classes, home school nature classes, school field trips and so much more! Visit our website at troynaturesociety.org/get-involved/volunteer/ to download a volunteer application.
We're sorry but we are unable to accept Court Ordered Community Service volunteers.
6685 Coolidge HighwayTroy, MI 48098
October 15, 2023
- Financial Planning
- Public Relations
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Board members meet every other month. Additionally, those serving on committees, meet once a month for committee work.
- Participation in donor development and fundraising events.