Help With Hurricane Matthew Response
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2912 S 80th AveOmaha, NE 68124
- The American Red Cross is responding to Hurricane Matthew in five southeastern states
- More than 3,000 Red Cross disaster workers have supported the relief efforts
- more will be needed as the massive response continues over the days and weeks ahead
We Need Your Help
There is still a large need for volunteers to support feeding and sheltering activities in North Carolina.
Deploying to support these activities can happen within hours of you completing the simple online training. Included below are the requirements to become a disaster responder, along with quick links to the available online trainings.
Train to become a hero for your community and across the county. Neighbors helping neighbors to rebound, rebuild, recover.
- 18yrs & Older
- Health Status Record (HSR) on file
- Driver’s License including being able to drive day/night & in heavy traffic
- Be Flexible: changes occurs frequently
- Travel by: plane, train, bus, POV, rental or chapter Vehicle
- Live, sleep & work in adverse conditions
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Commit to a two week deployment
- Meals, travel and lodging (maybe a shelter) costs are covered by the Red Cross
The Red Cross will hold a one-day workshop from 8am to 6pm to train prospective disaster volunteers for deployment. The training will include an overview of disaster services, positionspecific training, and deployment basics.
Wednesday, October 26th American Red Cross Office 220 Oakcreek Dr Lincoln, NE.
Thursday, October 27th American Red Cross Office 2912 South 80th Ave Omaha, NE
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 week deployment