Medical Goods Sorting
Each year, Esperança receives donated medical supplies from private individuals and companies to support our surgical program in Bolivia and Nicaragua. The donated materials must be sorted, packaged and inventoried in order for Esperança to ship these medical supplies each year to the developing world.
Volunteers will inventory donated medical supplies on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary depending on the amount of donated supplies received. Volunteers can sort goods on a one-time basis or continuous basis (weekly, monthly, etc.). For those with basic computer skills, additional volunteer time can be used to enter inventory into Excel spreadsheets and value medical goods from online sources.
Volunteers will receive certificate of service and hours can be counted towards community service hours.
Location: 1911 West Earll Drive, Phoenix, Arizona 85015
- Sort, package, and inventory donated medical supplies and equipment
- Organize medical goods in storage rooms
- Enter inventory into Excel spreadsheets
- Value medical goods based on non-profit market value
- Communicate regularly with Program Director in regards to status of inventory
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Be in good physical condition; able to move boxes weighing at least 25lbs
- Some medical knowledge a plus but not required
- Basic excel skills a plus but not required
Time Commitment: Can volunteer on a one-time basis or continuous basis depending on your schedule; hours of operation are Monday-Friday, between 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- one-time basis or continuous basis