We are building the clinic in a place called Chuinajtajuyup. This part of Guatemala is cut off from all kinds of healthcare facilities: women bear their children in the middle of nowhere; the lack of basic meds and antiseptics is the cause of the majority of human deaths there. A public transportation system is absent there as well: people are forced to travel by foot to the nearest town - the connection point to the hospital - which is several more hours away. We want to change this situation and provide locals with free, high-quality medical and surgical care. The population of the area - several nearby villages including - is around 15,000 people.
1. Make a big difference in the lives of locals through manual labor - i.e. helping build a clinic.
2. Receive a range of incentives: FREE accommodation, FREE food, and FREE medical support on the side.
3. Enjoy a language exchange experience with locals and other volunteers from different parts of the globe.
4. Enjoy an enriching and a unique experience in a remote community in Guatemala.
5. Gain first-hand experience of the living conditions of locals in Chuinajtajuyup.
- Interior Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 to 18 weeks