Do you have a heart for the growing immigrant and refugee populations in Nashville? Would you enjoy helping them learn English and succeed? This is the opportunity for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty. We provide GED test prep, English as a Second Language and Computer and Job skills classes to adults as well as mentoring and access to resources. We often overlook the necessity of English understanding in furthering education in the US and this is exactly where you come in!
ESL Teachers will:
Teach English to a group of students at beginner, intermediate or advanced level using provided curriculum material. Some outside of class prep time required
Coordinate to provide effective instruction of ESL curriculum
Provide regular feedback to the Program Director
Develop relationships with students
Ensure safety protocol is followed
Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
Some international experience is preferred. We ask that our volunteers to be comfortable working with people from different cultures and have a desire to care for students and assist them in achieving their goals.
Classes are three times a week: Monday and Thursday nights from 6-8pm and Wednesday mornings from 10am-12pm. We ask that you commit to teaching one class time a week (2hr time slots) for 6 months.
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references and complete general and position specific training.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- One class time a week (2hr time slots)
- Spanish Speaking Bible Study...
- Childcare Volunteer - Begin Anew...
- Mentor/Encourager - Begin Anew...
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Madison
- Prayer Partner - Begin Anew of...
- ESL Teacher - Begin Anew Woodbine
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Nashville
- Administrative Support: Begin...
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Franklin
- ESL Teacher - Begin Anew Franklin