Encourager / Mentor - Begin Anew Franklin
22 people are interested
Do you ever look back and wish you’d had someone walking beside you and encouraging you to achieve your goals? Could you see yourself being that person for someone else? This is the opportunity for you!
Begin Anew is a faith-based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty by providing education, mentoring and resources to adults age 18-55. Though education is the focus of our program, we feel that relationships and encouragement are the key to success. We are looking for men and women to walk alongside our students as they work to achieve their goals.
A mentor/encourager will:
- Be paired with one adult student and commit to meeting with him or her for one hour weekly for a one year period. Meetings can be before or after class time or during the Bible Study time.
- Provide a listening, supportive relationship in which a student can discuss his or her personal goals and life situation.
- Receive training and a material guide with different topics and activities to discuss with your student.
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew.
No mentoring experience necessary. We simply ask for a desire to care for a student and encourage them along the process of reaching their goals.
Mentoring occurs at all of our sites: Nashville, Woodbine, Madison and Franklin. Express interest to learn more about locations and times.
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references, pass a background check, and complete general and position specific training.
We'll work with your schedule.
Williamson County CWJC1350 W. Main St.Franklin, TN 37064
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for a one-year commitment