Are you looking for a place to share your knowledge and help others advance their education? Then this is for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty. We provide GED test prep, English as a Second Language and Computer and Job skills classes to adults as well as mentoring and access to resources. Most of our students did not succeed in the traditional classroom setting which is where you come in!
GED Tutors will:
- Assist adult students one on one or in small groups with preparation for the High School Equivalency (HiSET) test by studying Math, English Grammar, Writing, Social Studies, Science and test taking skills with our provided curriculum
- Update student’s weekly work log indicating subject areas studied and next steps.
- Develop relationships with students
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
Previous tutoring experience is helpful, but not required. We are looking for a willingness to serve and a desire to help others achieve their goals.
Classes are twice a week: Monday and Thursday nights from 6-8pm. We ask that you commit to one class time a week (2hr time slots).
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references and complete general and position specific training.
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One class time a week (2hr time slots)