We need tutors Friday mornings from 9:15 - 11:15 AM!
GED Computer Lab Tutors provide assistance to adult learners who are using PLATO, an online GED curriculum. The lab offers a supportive environment for learners to study for the GED tests. Learners may be improving their skills in Math, Science, Social Studies, or Reasoning through Language Arts. GED Computer Lab Tutors provide individualized assistance as learners complete online lessons using PLATO software in a welcoming, self-paced lab environment.
- Communicate with the DL Coordinator about questions or issues that may arise
- Tutor adult learners and assist them in accessing appropriate online resources
- Assist learners in checking out laptops and headphones
- Commit to a regular tutoring schedule
As a GED Computer Lab Tutor, you’ll gain:
- Teaching and tutoring skills
- Experience with persons from a variety of educational and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with online learning tools
- Job skills, resume enhancement, and networking opportunities within the community
- Knowledge that your efforts are helping others reach their life goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in an effective, supportive way with learners and other tutors
- Ability to work independently in a community computer lab
- Flexibility and patience
- Respect for differences in culture and learning styles
- Interest in adult education
- Comfort with PLATO; training available
Training: Tutors attend an orientation session with the DL Coordinator, familiarize themselves with Skills Tutor curriculum online at home, and attend a 12-hr GED pre-service. Additional training provided as needed.
Open Door Arlington Hills, 1115 Greenbrier St, St Paul, MN 55106
To apply, please contact: JennaRose Bondeson, DL Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 612-567-9095
Online Application: mnliteracy.org/volunteerapplication
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- People Skills
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Help adults gain essential...
- Help adults study for the GED!...
- Book Processing Project
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...
- Youthbuild Tutor
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Book Processing Volunteers
- Administrative and Coordinating...
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...
- Help your neighbors build...