VITAS invites friendly and well-behaved pets to join the Paw Pals SM program, in which animals and their humans learn how to visit patients at the end of life. A registered VITAS Paw Pals SM visitor can offer comfort, bring back memories, encourage activity and provide unconditional love to VITAS patients. Your visits leave behind memories of you and your pet, and rekindle thoughts of other pets. All kinds of pets are invited to join VITAS’ Paw Pals Club.
Pet visits can sometimes reach a patient when no one else can. Our Paw Pals SM brightens the day for everyone when they visit.
Paw Pals SM must be well-groomed, at least one- year old, and have up-to-date health records.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- Offer Companionship and...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers