We are looking for an organized, self-motivated individual who loves social media and wants to help expand Edheads' reach and increase our followers.
You will work closely the Director of External Communication to find the best people to follow, reach out to or develop marketing partnerships with across all channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Edheads has a built-in audience of teachers and students, but is reaching out to the parents of students ages 6-12 for the first time and trying to build this audience from the ground up. You will get to see the direct results of your efforts and will assist in making connections through Edheads' social media pages to sell memberships, promote our games or reach out to groups and individuals that can most help our brand and our company succeed.
You would be responsible for:
- Checking to see who is following us on Twitter and other platforms to determine who can influence parents and help get the word out about Edheads, our games, our mission and our memberships.
- Establishing marketing partnerships with appropriate individuals to give away free memberships in return for promotion or in brokering other agreements that are beneficial to both Edheads and the other party.
- Creation of and/or updating internal posting calendars and planning documents
- Monitoring and analyzing social media data
- Making strategy suggestions and changes in operations based on social media data
- Working with the Director of External Communications and Board of Directors Marketing Specialist to coordinate communication and marketing to a new audience
- Passionate about social media and its possibilities
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Ability to create graphics for use on social media a plus
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Traits and knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of social media. You will need to know what works across many platforms.
- Creativity. Not only with respect to text and graphics, but also in problem solving and time management. We are a small company and have to react quickly at times.
- Strong project management skills. Edheads is digital and so is our work: you will not be in an office with other team members and will need to be able to complete your work without a supervisor checking in constantly.
- Mental ability. We're looking for someone who possesses good judgment, is curious, resourceful and quick to make good decisions.
- Willing to take a risk, along with the ability to make the same mistake only once.
- Team-focused attitude to work with and learn from Edheads team, followers, partners and stakeholders.
- Desire for learning and using constructive criticism to improve
Ready for a challenge? Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 1-2 hours a week
- knowledge of social media sites, how they differ, what works