We are seeking an individual with superior administrative and computer skills to join the school staff of the Alpha Workshops Studio School (alphaworkshops.org) as an Administrative Intern. At this time, we anticipate the role lasting for up to six months, but we can be flexible for the right candidate. The Administrative Intern will report to the School Director and will work closely with other school staff. The Administrative Intern will primarily be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of school policies and administrative processes for the office;
- Development of forms, brochures and handbooks;
- Inputting student information into databases and following up with adult students as required;
- Assisting with the planning and facilitation of events;
- General office duties such as filing, copying, scanning, phone work, and faxing; other administrative duties as assigned.
This is an ideal role for someone who is interested in school administration or who has had some exposure to decorative/visual arts / interior design. The school is open Mondays through Fridays from 9:30am to 5pm. The intern will need to work within those hours at a time that best suits the intern and the School Director.
Strongest candidates will be in pursuit of a Baccalaureate Degree in education, the arts or human services or have significant experience in the nonprofit, educational or artistic arenas. We would be happy to work with a candidate’s school to help the candidate fulfill required service or classroom hours.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to Dr. Leisa Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org . Expressions of inquiry that do not include a resume and cover letter cannot be acknowledged.
- Adult Education
- Executive Admin
- Database Administration
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Current College Student Strongly Preferred