29 people are interested
Volunteer needed to read to patient
29 people are interested
Crossroads Hospice is seeking compassionate volunteers to join its team of "Ultimate Givers" who strive to provide love and comfort to terminally ill patients and their families.
"Ultimate Givers" visit with patients in their own private home, assisted living facilities, and nursing facilities. They provide emotional support and companionship to patients and family members. We are looking for someone to read to a patient while her spouse attends acitivites at their assisted living home in the early afternoon. You decide the amount of time you can commit.
Contact Jamie at 330-776-3322 to learn more about this rewarding opportunity!
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
Sagamore HillsCrossroads HospiceVolunteer in your community!Sagamore Hills, OH 44067
October 1, 2021
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training