This is a VOLUNTEER POSITION:
The director of operations is the one in charge of all the operation that take place in the organization, reporting directly to the CEO. The director has to look after all the departments in the organization. They have to keep a close watch on all the daily tasks done by them. They also have to prepare reports on each department. Any problems that arise during the day are reported to them and they have to solve them in a quick and timely fashion.
The director of operations has to know the working of all their departments. They need not know everything in detail, but they have to know enough to know what is going on. The director of operations position requires a lot of experience; volunteers are usually promoted to the post after good performance and gaining experience.
Duties and Responsibilities of Director of Operations
- Manage all the daily operations that take place in the organization
- Planning operation from the beginning and implementing them after approval of the higher authorities
- Coordinate between the different departments
- Increase the efficiency of the office
- Keep a close watch on the budgets of each department
- Should know and understand the workings of each department
- Implement strict budgetary controls
- Solve all the problems that arise through the day
- Delegation of duties to the right volunteers
- Represent operations department in the board
- Give a progress report to the board
- Solve disputes (should they) arise between volunteers or departments and make sure the daily work is not hampered in any way
- Deciding the budget of each department
- Collecting reports from all the departmental heads
- Make suggestion for promotion as they work with all the volunteers closely and know the capabilities of each individual
- Help the management make plans for future business ventures
Education Required for the Position of Director of Operations
- A master's degree in business administration is required by most companies, but we can use our discretion based on previous experience
- Years of previous working experience, reponsibilities, and type of leadership role
- Knowledge of the latest market conditions
- Should be competent in using computers
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Position, hours are flexible.
- Must be willing to stay engaged with those reporting to you, throughout the day (virtual).
- Graphic Designer Brand Content...
- Director of Operations
- Miscarriage Matters 2 Men Team...
- Miscarriage Matters 2 Men Mentor...
- Volunteer Grief Counselor unpaid
- Facebook Page Monitors Unpaid
- Grant Writer unpaid
- Women of Empowerment en Español...
- Graphic Designer unpaid
- 5 - Social Media Monitors Unpaid
- HR Recruiter unpaid
- Live Chat Operator unpaid
- Radio Guest Co-Host unpaid
- Women of Empowerment Mentor unpaid
- Marketing Team Member unpaid
- Marketing Manager unpaid