Recruiter / Recruiting / Staffing (Volunteer) US Air Force Auxiliary ?Citizens Serving Communities?
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3976 Constitution AvenueCivil Air Patrol Squadron 150Joint Forces Training Base - Los AlamitosLos Alamitos, CA 90720
Do you have a desire to volunteer or serve your community a few evenings per month. Do you have an interest in being part of an organization that saves lives. Although we are the Auxilliary of the US Air Force, being a pilot or even flying is NOT necessary as there are lots of opportunities to volunteer on the ground.
Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Volunteer Position Vacancy Announcement: Recruiting Specialist
Long Beach Squadron 150, Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary, JFTB Los Alamitos
- Devising new strategies to encourage public interest in volunteering with Civil Air Patrol.
- Discussing the benefits and opportunities of CAP membership with prospective members.
- Planning and conducting periodic membership drives and open houses to attract new members and stimulate interest in current members.
- Making presentations to outside groups, both youth and adult, to attract new members.
- Collaborating on the design of posters and other recruiting materials and placing them in strategic locations throughout the community and online.
- Establishing and developing relationships with local schools and other organizations.
- Organize equipment and personnel for public events.
- Supervising assistants.
- Mentoring Volunteer Members assigned to, or interested in, recruiting and retention.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Ability to enter data into and generate reports from an online database system.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to recruiting, retention, and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Recruiting and Retention Officer Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters' Recruiting and Retention Officers.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
The Long Beach Squadron of the California Wing is comprised completely of adult members and meets at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training base every Thursday evening at 7:30 PM.
Squadron 150 participates in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions, Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREXes), and disaster relief efforts. In addition to providing services to the United States Air force, Squadron 150 participates with other organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA and Cal EMA (OES).
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
Applicants please contact: email@example.com
**CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES--COME AND SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
- Program Management
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursday Evenings 7:30 to 9:00