Recruiter / Recruiting / Staffing (Volunteer) US Air Force Auxiliary “Citizens Serving Communities”
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3976 Constitution AvenueCivil Air Patrol Squadron 150Joint Forces Training Base - Los AlamitosLos Alamitos, CA 90720
Squadron 150 is seeking volunteers to become part of our all volunteer member supported 501(c)(3) non-profit organization chartered by Congress to be the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Do you have a desire to volunteer and serve your community a few evenings per month? Do you have an interest in becoming part of a Search & Rescue organization that saves numerous lives every year throughout Southern California and the United States? As a volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol you can participate in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions, Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREX’s), and disaster relief efforts as part of the Auxiliary to the United States Air Force. The Civil Air Patrol also participates with other disaster relief and governmental organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, DoD, FEMA and Cal EMA office of emergency services.
Squadron 150 is constantly training and preparing their members for the skills necessary to provide emergency services to the public in a time of need. While the central focal point of our effort is training and preparation of aircrew for the California Wing fleet, there are many roles available to non-flying members such as radio communications, logistics, planning, and mission staff participation.
Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Volunteer Position Vacancy Announcement: Recruiting Specialist
Long Beach Squadron 150, Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary, JFTB Los Alamitos
- Devising new strategies to encourage public interest in volunteering with Civil Air Patrol.
- Discussing the benefits and opportunities of CAP membership with prospective members.
- Planning and conducting periodic membership drives and open houses to attract new members and stimulate interest in current members.
- Making presentations to outside groups, both youth and adult, to attract new members.
- Collaborating on the design of posters and other recruiting materials and placing them in strategic locations throughout the community and online.
- Establishing and developing relationships with local schools and other organizations.
- Organize equipment and personnel for public events.
- Supervising assistants.
- Mentoring Volunteer Members assigned to, or interested in, recruiting and retention.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Ability to enter data into and generate reports from an online database system.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to recruiting, retention, and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Recruiting and Retention Officer Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters' Recruiting and Retention Officers.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
The Long Beach Squadron of the California Wing is comprised completely of adult members and meets at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training base every Thursday evening at 7:30 PM.
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
Applicants please contact: email@example.com
**CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES--COME AND SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
- Program Management
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursday Evenings 7:30 to 9:00