Global Health Volunteer Intern In New York City (Various Positions Available)
296 people are interested
Global Health Volunteers and Interns (various positions available)
100 Wall Street, 9 th Floor, New York City, NY 10005 USA
3 - 12 Months
- College/university credit available
- Part-time, Flexible schedules
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST
Contact & Application:
Apply online at www.cmmb.org/volunteer
Email: email@example.com Phone: 212-242-7757
CMMB is an international NGO providing long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, CMMB has worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program facilitates year-round opportunities for students and professionals to serve in our New York City office where they contribute to vital operational and programmatic projects in support of our global health initiatives. We have worked with thousands of interns and volunteers who help to develop and implement community health interventions, conduct research, develop communications content and build our donor base, and provide critical administrative support to the diverse teams in our offices. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our New York departments, country teams and local partners by finding meaningful placements for interns and volunteers who are committed to supporting a pattern of sustainable development. In addition, our International Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in South Sudan, Zambia, Kenya, Peru, and Haiti in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children.
n 2018, CMMB:
- Assisted 74, 240 pregnant women
- Provided critical health and social services to 1,536,844 people
- Provided HIV services to 889, 155 people
- Provided critical health services to 206, 840 children
- Delivered medicines & medical supplies valued at $598 million to 34 countries
In 2018, CMMB Volunteer Program:
- Engaged 661 volunteers working in 17 countries
- Volunteers contributed 92,920 hours
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, President and CEO of CMMB:
As President of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in volunteering with us and joining our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children, and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with students and professionals who want to volunteer their time and energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB for your next volunteer experience.
Volunteer positions are critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining the diverse, talented, and motivated CMMB volunteer movement.
We invite you to join our movement for Healthier Lives Worldwide!
Variety of Opportunities for individuals from a number of majors and fields such as:
- Public Health
- International Development, International Relations, Global Affairs, Humanitarian Studies
- Social Work, Sociology
- Health Administration, Supply Chain Management
- Pre-med, Nursing, Nutrition, and Health Sciences (non-clinical administrative work only in NYC)
- Marketing, Communications, Public Relations
- Finance, Business, Accounting
- Human Resources
- Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Spanish, French, Haitian Creole (Interpretation/Translation)
Examples of Internship Positions include:
- Marketing and Communications Assistant(s): social media, website, blogging, storytelling, writing and producing content, newsletters, mailings, outreach, events
- Designer(s), Photographer(s), Videographer(s): generally project based work, events, editing
- Data and Reporting Assistant(s) and Analyst(s): data entry, analysis and processing, report generation and systems streamlining, transition to new technology, some IT related projects also available
- Administrative Assistant(s): supporting multiple departments and teams including the Office of the CEO, office operations, programmatic support, liaising with diverse stakeholders (internal and external)
- Researcher(s): generally project specific, programmatic based research focused in women’s and children’s health and development, producing reports, white papers
- Programs and Special Projects Assistant(s): monitoring and evaluation, administrative support, writing and editing, liaising with country offices
- Resource Mobilization Assistant(s): donor reporting, proposal writing, individual donor communication, partnerships support
- Healing Help Assistant(s): support needed for both Manhattan Office and Distribution Center in Long Island City, generally administrative roles, some research support as needed
- Volunteer Program Assistant(s): outreach, recruitment, volunteer engagement and communications, administrative support, content production, travel planning, pre-departure orientation and preparations
- Interpreter/Translator(s) Spanish and Haitian Creole: Translate written documents, materials, guides and communications. Support needed for programs, human resources and strategy and innovation teams.
General Requirements and Qualifications:
- Specific requirements vary based on position.
- Relevant degree or coursework
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- Commitment to CMMB’s mission, vision and values
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative
- Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Proficiency in English; strong communication skills
- Spanish, French or Creole Fluency required for interpretation/translation positions
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 Wall StreetFloor 9New York, NY 10005
- Project Management
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is volunteer based in an office environment