We are looking for confident volunteers to help our community fundraising team raise awareness of cystic fibrosis in areas including Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
As a Community Ambassador you will work alongside the East Community Fundraising Team to help raise awareness of cystic fibrosis, our fundraising events and our work in your region.
We are looking for someone to:
* Work across a given geographical region to assist the Community Fundraising team by helping raise awareness and attend community based events
* Public speaking: Give short speeches to a variety of audiences (small businesses, school children, community groups etc.), portraying key trust messages using materials and information provided by the trust and through training and regular updates
* Collect cheques and give thank you presentations to fundraising initiatives (may involve press)
* Attend regional networking events within the community to highlight cystic fibrosis and help identify future fundraising and partnership opportunities
* Referring contentious issues to the CDFM or the CF in their absence
What are we looking for?
Someone who has:
* Good interpersonal, networking and general communication skills
* Good organisation skills
* Ability to deliver talks to the public (although full training and materials will be provided)
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate a can-do attitude
* Willing to travel within agreed area
* Passionate interest in raising funds and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis.
We will give:
* Support through an induction and on-going learning throughout your role
* Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be covered
To apply to this role please follow the link:
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16