Would you like to use your finance, accounting or cash handling experience to make a difference and help destitute asylum seekers in Sheffield? We are currently looking for someone to assist our Finance Team in the administration of donations, expenses and with financial record keeping and reports.
You would be required to work a full day on either a Mondays or Thursdays, or a half day on Mondays and a half day on Thursdays.
Tasks may include:
- Counting cash and reconciling petty cash records
- Financial record keeping using our finance software Xero: reconciling income, ensuring allocation to correct income code, reconciling expenditure, checking invoice and expenditure code allocation
- Organising and filing invoices
- Handling queries: visitors, telephone, emails.
- Copying, faxing, scanning documents
- Preparing financial reports with support from the Operations and Development Officer, or the Treasurer
To be able to carry out this role, you should have some finance, accounting or cash handling experience. This is a computer based role and IT skills are essential. Experience of using finance or accounting software would be highly desirable, but training would be given on how to use our accounting system. This role requires someone who can work independently, without supervision, and is able to take responsibility in planning and organising their work. The Finance Administrator should have a high attention to detail, a quick learner and be good at problem-solving, but also be someone who is confident in articulating any problems they may have to members of staff or more experienced volunteers.
You will gain experience of working within a charity/voluntary organisation, and knowledge of ASSIST’s administrative systems and software. You will have an ASSIST induction session about the organisation and asylum process. You will get to know asylum seekers, and learn from them about other cultures.
You should have respect for diversity and cultural difference to work at ASSIST. You should have good written and spoken English (Level 1 or 2) and good numeracy skills. You should be committed, reliable and punctual to carry out this role.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Full day on Monday/Thursday, or half a day on each