Help support weekday staff at NVFS Bailey's Crossroads Community Shelter by volunteering at our front desk, the central hub of daily shelter activity! Bailey's shelter serves adults experiencing temporary homelessness by helping our residents move toward self-sufficiency and success in the community.
The Shelter Support Services Volunteer supports daily shelter operations and assists shelter clients so all residents, drop-in/hypothermia prevention guests, and visitors get the help they need in a kind, caring manner.
This is a great opportunity for retirees and other community members with daytime availability looking to make a difference in their spare time!
Weekly shifts are available Monday through Friday from 9am - 12pm and from 12pm - 3pm.
- Volunteer individually - volunteers are welcome to apply individually for a weekly shift.
"Adopt a day" for Shelter Support! - Your community group can elect to "adopt a day" to commit to providing a Shelter Support Services Volunteer for each shift. Draw from your group's volunteer pool, giving individual volunteers the option to rotate shifts as needed.
For more information, please contact Meagan Perkins, Community & Volunteer Engagement Specialist, at 703-820-7621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Lend a Helping Hand at our...
- Help us end homelessness -...
- You Can Help Feed the Hungry
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- Help Support the Homeless
- Everyday Food Goes to Waste. You...
- Your group can make a difference...
- Looking For a Great Group...
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Help Us Get Thankgiving Meals to...
- Donate treats to make Halloween...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- Help your neighbors enroll in...
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...