The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is proud to announce the availability of an exciting internship at our Maitland, Florida office. This unpaid internship is open to all student applicants! The ADA seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is passionate about public service. This internship position will allow a candidate to gain hands on experience with the day to day fundraising and operational activities of a medical not for profit organization; while providing additional resources to further promote the mission of the American Diabetes Association which is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. Scheduling is flexible, but the candidate must commit at least 15+ hours per week.
- Supports efforts to promote special events
- Helps in the planning and implementing the special events supporting the American Diabetes Association’s fundraising efforts
- Work in close partnership with Project Manager with day-of-event logistics
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and management (includes attending event)
- Assists with phone calls and mailings to past and current donors, as well as potential sponsors/ volunteers
- Conduct telephone outreach to American Diabetes Association constituents to engage their participation in the local signature fund-raising events
- Contact local businesses for In-Kind support
- Assist with mailings and package assembly
- Attends committee meetings when possible
- Utilizes social network platforms to promote events
- Attend designated local Health Fairs and assist ADA staff with corporate Kick Off events
- Attend promotional events as necessary- occasional night or weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a local University or College
- Needing internship for college credits.
- Microsoft Office applications, Internet and e-mail
- Experience in database management and/or the manipulation of spreadsheets
- Experience gathering information through internet research
- Experience working with special event teams and participants
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accountability is required
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Together We can STOP Diabetes!
This position involves sedentary work in the office; moving moderately weighted objects from one position to another; and working primarily with fingers and the whole hand or arm, as in handling items, typing, etc.; ability to receive, process, and understand guidelines through spoken language. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The American Diabetes Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 15 hours a week