Do you have a strong desire for detail-oriented work? A focus on customer service? An ability to work autonomously while being part of a great team? Shelf Readers are essential in our branches to ensure that shelved materials stay in the correct order so that patrons can easily access them.
Responsibilities: Read shelves to ensure that collection materials are in call number order; Front collection materials and tightens bookends; Clean collection materials; Replenish and straighten public distribution items
Necessary skills and qualifications: Detail-oriented; Good organizational skills; Ability to file alphabetically and by Dewey Decimal order; Ability to read spine labels; Ability to follow directions; Ability to work with minimal supervision
Requirements: Minimum age 12 years old; Ability to lift and carry materials; Ability to reach, bend, and stoop to reach shelves; Completed application; Interview; Reference check; Background check (if 18 or older); Teen Volunteer Agreement (if under 18 years old)
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- 2-4 hours a week
- Interview, References, Background check or Teen Agreement
- Branch Library Aide-College Hill
- Library Branch Aide-Forest Park
- Branch Computer Assistant -...
- Teen Program Support Assistant-...
- Shelf Reader-Blue Ash
- Holds Assistant-Blue Ash
- Adult Program Support...
- Holds Assistant-Harrison
- Holds Assistant - North Central...
- After School Activities...
- Holds Assistant- Loveland
- Teen Program Support...
- Holds Assistant - Groesbeck Branch
- Holds Assistant-Mt. Washington
- Branch Library Aide-Cheviot
- Branch Computer Assistant-Mt....
- After Schools Activities...
- Branch Computer Assistant-Blue Ash
- Branch Computer...