Matthew left a wide path of death and destruction in its wake, including in the southeast coast of the U.S. In Haiti, upwards of 1000 people are estimated to have died and many, many more are in dire need of shelter, clean water and food. Crops were destroyed and unfortunately, the numbers of homeless and hungry are expected to continue rising, especially in the south west of the country where HavServe has been operating for the past five years. The majority of homes in the village of Lebrun and the surrounding villages were destroyed, and the five elementary schools we support were severely damaged, some irreparably. For the immediate needs, we have teamed up with local partners to get food and basic items delivered and will soon be able to share an update on how your donations are helping our efforts on the ground. Rebuilding the communities, the homes, the gardens, the schools is a daunting, difficult, long-term task. We at HavServe will be there for the long haul to do our part; will you join us? As a small, non-profit, volunteer organization, it is only with your help and support that we can hope to make even the smallest difference.
Please submit an application
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 week or plus
- A valid passport is required to travel abroad
- Volunteering for Emergency...
- SUMMER 2017 SERVE-A-THON IN HAITI!
- Event planning, Advertising, PR,...
- Volunteering for Overcoming...
- Volunteering for Education
- Volunteering for Reusing and...
- Volunteering for Reforestation...
- Volunteering for Health in Haiti
- Special Events Volunteer
- #HurricaneMatthew Disaster Relief
- Volunteering for Preservation in...
- SEO TEAM VOLUNTEER POSITION...