The World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the nonprofits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 10-15 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 2500 people possible.
For more information about TWIF please visit www.theworldisfun.org.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Grants Director (Director) the Grants Writer will spearhead all grant writing opportunities as The World is Fun continues to grow. The successful candidate will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, preparation, submission, follow up and monitoring of corporate and foundation grants including management of the foundation grant calendar focusing on detail and timelines; will also maintain foundation correspondence as applicable to the grant process. Will provide support to the administration by locating and pursuing funding opportunities.
* The grant writer must gain a complete understanding of The World is Fun and the programs for which he or she is requesting funding. To do this, the writer will interview key people in the organization, and perform comprehensive research into the project
* Perform in-depth research into grant-making organizations
* Write grant applications that display meticulous grammar and spelling
* Analyze the feasibility of the project's budget
* Research each grant-making association's guidelines
* Strictly adhere to these guidelines
* After submitting a grant proposal, keep in contact with each grant-making organization to check on the progress
* If requested, submit progress reports to any grant-making organization that has funded a program
Desired Skills and Abilities
* Persuasive writing skills: You must be able to make your proposal sound so attractive that the grant-making company will be happy to fulfill your request
* Analytical skills:A grant writer will need to use both analytical and creative skills. First, he or she will analyze the data. How much money can this project potentially receive? Which grant-making organizations would be most likely to fund this project?
* Creativity:The next step involves choosing the most creative solution for presenting the grant proposal. Perhaps the writer can use a visual image, such as a potential ad about the project, with the grant-making company's logo at the bottom of the page. To appeal to the auditory senses, the writer could create a mock-radio announcement that advertises the project and, once again, mentions the grant-making company.
* Problem Solving:Creative problem solving is another talent that characterizes the best grant writers. This is especially important during weak economic times, when grant-making organizations are low on funds, and only the most convincing proposal will win the grant. The grant writer must take a Jedi attitude: "Do or do not. There is no try."
* Oral and Interpersonal Skills: In many cases, the grant writer job description will include face to face or telephone conversation with the grant-making organization. This requires, charm, charisma and a dynamic personality.
* Cost Consciousness:The grant writer must be frugal, and have the ability to work within the proposed budget. Ability to prioritize and work well under tight deadlines.
* Team player:Must be able to coordinate efforts with other departments.
This staff member position requires a commitment of 10-15 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly team meeting (usually evenings).
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
TWIF is an equal opportunity organization.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Membership Coordinator
- Volunteer at Geekbound Fashion...
- Graphic Designer
- Blog Contributer
- Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- TWIF Lead
- Volunteer at Farestart Contract...
- Volunteer at Fremont Oktoberfest!
- Development Coordinator
- Grants Writer
- Volunteer to Food Sort at Food...