Organization The World Is Fun (TWIF) - is not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization here to make volunteering a fun, social experience for Seattle people, businesses and charities. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun. Position
The Board provides strategic leadership and mission focus. While operational governance rolls up to the Executive Director, the Board-Executive Director relationship is vital. Appropriate involvement by the Board to deliver additional oversight and a full range of problem solving is both critical and expected.
- Provide executive-level partnership to the Executive Director through the ongoing development and implementation of our strategic plan.
- Evaluate all programs, initiatives and ventures for alignment with our mission and long-term goals.
- Support fiscal responsibility through approval of the annual budget and monthly financials, and advisement on decisions having financial or legal impact or risk.
- Actively partner in promoting membership growth and position recruitment.
- Provide awesome and inspirational leadership consistent with our culture of respect, (non-hierarchal) collaboration and fun!
- Natural leadership skills and affinity for people required to make a 100% volunteer (unpaid) organization succeed
- Imagination to generate solutions for challenges foreseen and unexpected
- Brainpower to evaluate programs and projects from a "big picture" perspective, including resourcing, "low funded" budgeting, cost/benefit assessment, risk mitigation and mission alignment
- Experience with charitable or social-focused organizations, and bonus if with grant writing, philanthropy, or nonprofit financial modeling
Time Commitment The board position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of two years. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. This position does require mandatory attendance at a monthly board meeting (usually Tuesday evenings).
Compensation This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume our online webform: http://www.theworldisfun.org/apply or email to: email@example.com.
More about TWIF
TWIF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to strengthen Seattle’s spirit of community by providing volunteer opportunities and hosting unique social events.
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours/month, minimum 1 year commitment
- Finance Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer at Cathedrals...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Food to those in need at Food...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Volunteer Sherpa
- Volunteer at artSea
- Development Coordinator
- Board Member
- Grants Writer
- Nonprofit Liaison