Job Title: Crowdfunding/Fundraising Campaigns Manager
Reporting to: Executive Committee
Responsible for: End to end Campaign management of Crowdfunding/Fundraising
Time Duration: Minimum 6 month commitment
1. Organisational information
Janyaa is a non-profit organization that is redefining education by advocating and providing curriculum based 'hands on learning’ experience to the students and igniting their 'curiosity in learning’ and 'applying this learning’ to their daily life. Our services include delivering experiments to the schools, training school teachers on the use of these experiments and working with children to practice on the same. In 2016 our program has worked with nearly 320,000 students in 930 schools across 14 states in India (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Delhi, Odisha, Haryana, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan and Gujarat). In 2015, we piloted our program in Jamaica and are currently in talks with Rotary of Nigeria to work with government over there.
2. Job overview
The crowd funding campaign manager is a key role in helping Janyaa grow the scale and impact of the programs. The post-holder is responsible for developing and delivering our crowd funding strategies/campaigns. The role sits within the Core and Operations team, and is line-managed by the Director. The post-holder works closely with the Executive Directors and will take part in Board and Executive Management Committee meetings as required.
3. Job Purpose
The purpose of this role is to ensure our crowd funding strategies and campaigns help Janyaa meet the fundraising targets. The role will provide strategic support and direction for crowd funding programs.
4. Specific tasks and responsibilities
* Research, develop, and implement crowd funding strategies and campaigns.
* Develop and improve the effectiveness of the organization-wide oversight, monitoring and coordination of Crowd funding and reporting.
* Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all donations in relevant databases and filing systems.
* Help improve Janyaa’s crowd funding campaigns and fundraising skills, capacities and systems.
* Line-management of volunteers - if any - for crowd funding projects
* Be responsible for the crowd funding budget.
* Keep the fundraising section of our website up to date.
* Attend and co-ordinate all meetings related to crowd funding.
4. Person specification
* Knowledge of crowd funding best practice.
* Knowledge of crowd funding program design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business or related field.
* Crowd funding experience within the non-profit sector.
* A proven track record of delivering crowd funding success.
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to support and motivate co-workers.
* Proactive, Creative, flexible and a generator of new ideas.
* Prioritize multiple tasks, maximize use of available time, work is accomplished efficiently and accurately
* Willingness to be self-servicing, with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
* Commitment to Janyaa’s goals and values.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Min 6 month commitment