Front Desk Reception-Work Exchange for Classes
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where26 - 7th Street5th FloorSan Francisco, CA 94103
Great Volunteer Opportunity!
Earn free classes while learning about arts administration and non-profit management at a thriving, beloved 30+ year San Francisco Dance Institution.
The Front Desk Reception Volunteer works at the front desk alongside or supervised by Front Desk Staff to learn and perform desk administration. Volunteers handle front office reception and administration duties, including customer service, answering the phones as well as other andministrative, retail and light cleaning.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Greet/check in students: receive and record payments with CSM software
- Desk Administration - including phone calls, booking rental space, maintaining knowledge of, and be able to communicate clearly, all the Center’s programs
- Taking the volunteer commitment seriously and showing up for assigned shifts.
- Being available to sub for other front desk volunteers
- Be available for special events and other organizational needs.
- Must work well under pressure and maintain a consistently pleasant and professional personality when communicating with the public.
- Communicate effectively with staff/teachers and maintain a professional attitude even in the face of challenges.
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area, and help with cleaning of dance studios, dressing rooms and restrooms.
- Mailings and other projects as they arise
- Other Duties
Demonstrates aptitude in:
- thoroughness and detail of work
- a strong work ethic
- excellent people skills,
- great creditability and personal integrity
- ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
Weekly 4 hour shifts depending on availability and need of org.
- M-F (9am to 1pm)
- M-f (1pm-5pm)
- Friday (4pm to 8pm)
- Saturday/Sun (9am to 1pm)
- Saturday/Sun (1pm to 4pm)
Receive 1 class/hour worked
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours minimum per week. 6 month commitment
- Professional demeanor, customer service oriented, flexible and willing to perform admin duties