We have a staff route that Bob (a CES employee) drives and he needs a person to ride along and take the meal to the door. It's difficult to find parking in some places, so it's faster if one person drives and the other person schleps. The route is Monday thru Friday from 11 am to about 12:30 pm. You can sign up for any day Monday through Friday--try it once and see if you like it. You can even call the day before to find out if we need help--and we usually do.
No car is necessary, just a smile and a friendly attitude when you are delivering the meals to clients. We are located at 1900 11th Ave S, Mpls 55404 and we deliver to the surrounding area. If you try it and enjoy delivering food to the elderly, you could volunteer to help once a week or once a month or whenever it fits into your schedule. Call Melanie at 612-870-1125 x128 to reserve a day to try it out!
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- once a week or month from 10:45 am to 12:30 pm
- Deliver food to elderly & disabled
- Ride with Meals on Wheels Driver...
- East African Food Distribution...
- Need someone fluent in Somali...
- deliver Meals on Wheels three...
- Greet Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Help pack Meals on Wheels lunch...
- Food Shelf Volunteers
- Load Van for Home Deliver to...
- Evening opportunity: Deliver...
- Food Shelf Advocate
- Office Assistants
- Do you speak Spanish?