Peter Tosh Day will be dedicated to our Haitian brothers and sisters. Currently there are about 6,000 Haitian refugees in Baja California and about 5,000 in the state of Chiapas, Mexico and it's known that there are more to come.
Tijuana has about 14 shelters for migrants and deportees but they have exceeded capacity so many Haitians are sleeping in the street. Haitians and Africans are arriving to Tijuana in hopes of crossing to the US. Their wait could take weeks and we're asking for your help in our donation drive.
Clean towels, blankets, clothes, baby clothes, sweaters
Toiletries including toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc
Soon we'll also have a crowdfunding page for monitary donations.
Donations w ill be given to Madres y Familias Deportadas en Accion, a grassroots organization in Tijuana dedicated night and day to fighting for the human rights of migrants
Peter Tosh Day will feature:
- street team Promotion: (prior to the event) attending local events and handing out flayers, posting at local shops
- Ticket booth: selling tickets, talk to attendees and obtain names for mailing lists, hand out event flyer's, recruit new volunteers, etc.
- Donation booth: organizing donated items and giving information about the cause.
- Event Assistants: Set up and/or break down event, assist event staff
- One World Cafe (kitchen): Prep, serve, and sell food & drinks at inside and outside food booths
- Maintenance : Set up, upkeep of event grounds, break down - recycling, trash, clean up.
- video and photographers: Must have experience
- Stage Manager: must have experience
- Hospitality: artest check in, upkeeping back stage, tending to artist needs
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED : PLEASE LEAVE US WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER
- Event Planning / Management
- Food Service
- Public Relations
- Hatian / Creole
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 hours
- Peter Tosh Day: Haitian Refugee...
- Event Assistant
- Multi-media Tech/Editing/
- Gardening & Ethnobotany
- Center Care Personnel
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Event Coordinator
- One WorldBeat Cafe- Internship
- WorldBeat Cultural Center Non...
- Grant Writer and Developer
- Social Media & Community...
- WorldBeat Cultural Center...