The Dallas Farmers Market is a great place to purchase the freshest produce in town; however, recipients of SNAP (Lone Star Card) may not know that they may be eligible to use their benefits to purchase such great products. We're here help!
Volunteers will be trained to assist clients with SNAP benefits at the renovated Dallas Farmers Market. The process will require use of a tablet and the clients SNAP (Lone Star) card.
- The client's card will be debited and the client will receive tokens for use at participating vendors within the Dallas Farmers Market.
- At the end of the day, vendors will "cash out" their tokens.
- Daily log of transactions will be verified and maintained.
- This is also a prime opportunity to inform the general public of ways to give and promote GROW North Texas.
- Training for this program will be held on Fridays (or by appointment).
- Dallas Farmers Market hours are:
- Saturdays: 8am to 5pm
- Sundays: 10 am to 5pm
- Volunteers will be scheduled for morning/early afternoon or afternoon shifts
- Volunteers may also sign up for a full day
- Event Planning / Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training