Engage with the Veteran Community and at the library through public speaking, and creating and promoting library programs and events on topics that appeal to Veterans, their family members and the public.
1. Work with library staff, volunteer, Veterans, and Veteran Service organizations and/or advisory groups to identify and participate in Veteran events and programs at the library and in the community.
2. Under library supervision, attend and participate in Veteran service organization meetings and/or advisory groups to speak on behalf of the library’s Veteran Resource Center, events, programs and library resources for Veterans and their families.
3. Engage and recruit new volunteers and Veterans from the community to volunteer at the library’s Veteran Resource Station.
4. Engage volunteers and Veterans to assist at community events and library programs for Veterans.
- Veteran Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs. per Week
- Minimum six-month commitment requested.