Are you looking to give back in a meaningful way, but you only have a couple hours a week? Look no further! Braven is recruiting volunteers to mentor students on the ins and outs of navigating the workforce.
The Braven Accelerator empowers promising young people on their path to college graduation, meaningful careers, and lives of impact. Alongside educational institutions, Braven provides a scalable model to discover, develop, and connect extraordinary, diverse, and driven young people to high-quality skill building, opportunities, and networks. Braven supports its Fellows by offering 1) the Braven Accelerator: a credit-bearing, semester-long career and leadership course, and 2) programming that continues through college graduation.
As an essential piece of this programming, Professional Mentors (PMs) will support Braven Fellows on their path to securing quality postgraduate opportunities. Each PM will be paired with a recent or soon-to-be college graduate at San Jose State or Rutgers-Newark for eight months and will provide weekly 1:1 coaching on the job search and application process. The volunteer commitment is as follows:
- Commit ~70 hrs from Jan-Aug 2017; ~2 hrs per week
- Attend two 2-hr virtual training sessions in December
- Meet with Fellow once a week virtually or in-person at a mutually convenient time (the PM role can be entirely virtual for those not located in the Bay Area or NYC/Newark area)
- Prepare for meetings and follow up as necessary throughout the week
- Guide Fellow through the steps of job attainment
- Serve as an advocate and cheerleader for your Fellow
- Keep Braven staff updated on Fellow’s progress
The PM role is a great opportunity to pay it forward, gain experience coaching, and build a strong relationship with an eager mentee. If you’re interested in applying, please complete this short application by November 14, 2016: http://bit.ly/2dXwCYh.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- ~2 hrs per week, Jan-Aug 2017