Find a purpose, develop new skills, share your time... You can make a difference!
Seasons Hospice is looking for Direct Patient Care Volunteers to visit patients throughout the Santa Clara County.
As a Direct Patient Care Volunteer, you would be providing the patient and/or family with emotional support and companionship. Volunteer activities with patients include: watching television, reading, listening to music, doing crafts, listening to patients’ stories, but most of all, becoming a friend to someone dealing with terminal illness.
If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity, then this is for you! .
All volunteers must:
- Initial paperwork packet completion
- Interview and paperwork review session with Volunteer Coordinator
- Untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- A physical, offered to you at no cost
- Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Self-study modules and competency completion
Additionally: Direct Patient Care Volunteers will complete a Volunteer Training Day, as well as additional self-study modules and competencies. Direct Patient Care Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We will work with your schedule.
- Physical & TB Test- That we pay for.