Veterans Benefits Coach
WhenTue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 AM - Sun Dec 31, 2017 02:30 PM
Where402 BroadwayKing City, CA 93930
MCFL needs volunteers to assist in our newly opened Vets Connect Resource Center at the King City Library, 402 Broadway. The resource center will be staffed from 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM every Friday. If you are available for 2-3 hours on even 1 Friday a month, please contact Robin at (831) 385-3677 or Elizabeth at MCFLvolunteer@co.monterey.ca.us.
Veterans Benefits Coach: Position Description
The Veterans Benefit Coach will serve as point of contact to ensure that veterans and veteran families who come to the library for help know how to get connected to the state and federal benefits and services they have earned through military service.
Examples of responsibilities:
1. Work at the Vets Connect Center in the library weekly to meet with veterans and/or family members. Serve as expert listener and initial problem solver.
2. Help each veteran or veteran family member complete CalVet forms in print or online.
3. Guide the veterans and/or their families toward those benefits that are likely to enhance their particular situations
4. Refer veteran in crisis to the list of emergency service numbers provided.
5. Maintain data and keep a record of issues/topic areas needed but not covered in the library's collection.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hrs on Fridays between 10:30 and 2:30
- 1 day training will be provided. 6 month commitment required.