The Gallery Host(ess) is responsible for assisting and supporting guests in the First Ladies Museum to have an overall enjoyable experience at the First Ladies National Historic Site. These hosts/hostesses provide an opportunity for one-on-one contact between visitors and volunteers to encourage guests to learn more about the First Ladies and to provide a friendly setting in which visitors can feel comfortable during their time here.
The Gallery Host/Hostess is responsible for guests in the First Lady Museum. During their time in the building, the Host/Hostess will:
- greet guests as they walk in
- Walk guests to the Saxton McKinley House when it is time to begin their guided tour
- Answer basic questions about the history of the organization and the First Ladies
- Assist visitors in orienting themselves with the site (restrooms, photographs, etc)
- Provide backup assistance to the receptionists for bathroom breaks, lunch breaks, busy periods, etc.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 85 hours per year