Exhibit Hosts at the First Ladies National Historic Site represent the face of our organization and allows us to meet the needs of the public on a daily basis. Our mission states that we are here to "educate the public on the lives and contributions of the First Ladies," and the Exhibit Hosts are ambassadors of this mission. They will interpret the history of the First Ladies through themed exhibits that focus on the lives and contributions of these remarkable women.
Exhibit Host duties also include:
- Providing exemplary customer service to guests by welcoming them to our site and being available to assist with any needs they may have during their visit
- Staying up to date on First Lady history to remain knowledgeable on the topic
- Answering all visit questions related to First Ladies, our organization, the National Park Service and the Canton area
- Keeping track of time to ensure tour groups are sent to the Saxton McKinley House in a timely fashion
- Allow guests to browse exhibits at their own pace but remaining available to chat or answer questions
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a schedule of 8 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Training as an Exhibit Host typically takes 1-2 months depending on the individual
- Must be comfortable working with people of various backgrounds, beliefs and interests
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Attend yearly continuing education trainings
- Professional dress attire is required
Volunteer shifts are available Tuesdays thru Saturdays in 4 hour increments: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm or 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Our site is NOT open to the public in the evenings.
To fill out a volunteer application, please visit www.volunteer.gov/gov and search First Ladies National Historic Site.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month