Combine your knowledge and experience with your passion for mentoring in order to help job seekers find employment and unlock their potential!
New Braunfels Works is a community initiative to address un- and under-employment in Comal County. Our philosophy is that in order to create sustainable connections between employers and job seekers, we must stay away from the "one size fits all" approach that many job search services provide. We meet with each client individually to understand their strengths and passions and then empower them with the tools and confidence they need to take charge of their job search. We also network with area employers to understand what skills and qualities they look for in employees. By doing this, our clients are able to find long lasting positions and easily transition to a new job or career.
- Meet with clients 1-on-1 to discuss their goals, develop strategies to achieve them, and provide connections to area resources and opportunities.
- Assist clients with creating resumes, cover letters, and other job credential materials.
- Guide clients through established curriculum, classes, and workshops.
- Follow up and schedule appointments with clients to guide and mentor through the job search and after.
- Collect and enter data in order to track client and program progress.
- Assist with outreach to the community and creating new resource materials as needed.
Training: We provide an orientation and all the training you need to help our clients in their job search.
- A passion and commitment for educating and guiding job seekers to find their career path.
- Ability to set schedules, self-motivate, and follow set curriculum and other instructional processes.
- Recommended Qualities: non-judgmental, welcoming, supportive, and
- A flexible schedule and the ability to commit to weekday shifts.
- Computer and administrative experience.
- HR or managerial experience not required but a plus.
Time Commitment: A minimum of one 3-hour shift per week: 9-12 pm or 2-5 pm M-F.
To apply contact Ines Picazo by phone at 830-327-6007, by text at 210.920.0167 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Professional Development
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment