Mentor and Job Search Buddy Needed for Local Lady
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
A mentor and computer buddy is needed for a local lady who is job searching in the customer service or call center communication field. She is eager to work and well educated with both Associate and Bachelor degrees but online computer applications are difficult for people using screen readers if they are not formatted correctly. What would you do? You would work with the job seeker and assist with these tasks.
- First develop a check list of information necessary to start a proper job search
- Create a master list of websites visited and passwords/log in codes for followup
- Read alongside or over the shoulder to assist in proper navigation for areas not accessible by the screen reader
- possibly help develop a job board networking presence.
This individual would also appreciate some assistance with paper mail and/or forms or someone to take a walk around the block.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
a desire to help others;
a pleasant demeanor;
a good reading/speaking voice;
average reading skills;
organizational or planning abilities;
a good driving record;
a clear criminal history;
access to a car with proof of insurance;
a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage
About Aging and Disability Services
185 Windsor Avenue, Windsor, CT 06095, US
BESB's mission is to enable its clients to become more self-sufficient and to maximize their participation in the community, at school and in employment settings. It is important to note that most people who are legally blind retain a significant degree of practical vision. Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind A Department of Rehabilitation Services Bureau LIVE. LEARN. WORK
Aging and Disability Services: Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
Our programs, policies and practices are designed to promote employment, independence, equal access and self-sufficiency for people with disabilities. We strive to be a resource for information and technical assistance for other stakeholders in Connecticut as well.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your StreetHamden, CT 06514
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, two to four hours per week.
- Computer literacy, job search skills, mentoring