A great way to get your exercise while helping others! The Radiology (X-ray) department, one of the busiest areas of the hospital welcomes volunteers to assist with transporting patients to and from the radiology testing areas and patient rooms using wheelchairs and stretchers. Lots of personal interaction with patients. Early morning opportunities available on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
All volunteers receive on the job training and hospital orientation. Physical strength and stamina are needed to transport patients throughout the hospital. Health care experience is not required but volunteers must feel comfortable in a medical setting.
Free self parking and valet parking are available. Volunteer jackets are purchased from Volunteer Services for $22. TB screening, flu shot, criminal background check are required and available at no cost.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hours per week
- TB screening, flu vaccination (offered free).
- W.A.G.S. Gift Shop Volunteer
- Mail Room/Store Room
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Team
- Shuttle Bus Greeter
- Community Nutrition Liaison
- Cheermobile Volunteer
- "Healing Hearts" Cardiac Patient...
- Ambulatory Care Center Volunteer
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Radiology Patient Transportation
- Cardiology Support Volunteer