A great way to get your exercise while helping others! The Radiology (X-ray) department, one of the busiest areas of the hospital welcomes volunteers to assist with transporting patients to and from the radiology testing areas and patient rooms using wheelchairs and stretchers. Lots of personal interaction with patients. Early morning opportunities available on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday; late afternoon opportunities available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
All volunteers receive on the job training and hospital orientation. Physical strength and stamina are needed to transport patients throughout the hospital in wheelchairs and stretchers. Health care experience is not required but volunteers must feel comfortable in a medical setting.
Free self parking and valet parking are available. Volunteer jackets are purchased from Volunteer Services for $22. TB screening, flu shot, criminal background check are required and available at no cost.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hours per week
- TB screening, flu vaccination (offered at no cost)
- Wine Festival Volunteer to Crush...
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Team
- Red Coat Ambassador
- Fern Hill Cafe Volunteer
- Chester County Day Parking...
- Radiology Patient Transportation
- Endoscopy Transportation Volunteer
- Cardiology Support Volunteer
- Surgical Supply Volunteer
- Encore Consignment Shop Volunteer
- "Healing Hearts" Cardiac Patient...
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Chester County Day Volunteer