The Board is vested with the responsibility for carrying out the Vision/Mission and for overseeing the management and direction of CYT Dallas-Fort Worth. It is responsible for planning and policy decisions, for financial stability and development, and for ongoing evaluation and monitoring of the work of the organization.
- Must understand and adhere to the policies reflected in the Vision, Mission Statement and Values and Objectives.
- Must be a business or arts-minded individual with relative experience.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Must be willing to give time, effort and resources to the work of CYT.
- Must be willing to attend monthly Board Meetings (Third Tuesday of Every Month)
- Must be willing to attend CYT Productions and Showcases.
- Oversees the actions of the Artistic and Managing Directors in the delegation and administration of responsibilities to other staff members.
- Determines the future direction of the company and develops plans of action for obtaining stated goals.
- Determines policies and procedures reflected in the Vision, Mission Statement and Values and Objectives to guide the operation of the organization.
- Maintains the financial stability of the company, including fundraising efforts as determined by Board Members.
- Manages and controls the legal affairs of the company to maintain the organization’s non-profit status.
- Will determines, evaluates and approves new staff positions and appropriate compensation.
- Serves on sub-committees as needed.
- Regularly attends Board meetings, committee meeting as assigned, orientation sessions and special meetings as appropriate.
- Serves on at least one standing committee and accept special assignments.
- Formulates and approves long-range strategies and objectives as well as annual operating objectives.
- Monitors the operating budget.
- Helps secure other qualified community leaders to consider being future Board Members.
- Attends CYT productions on a regular basis.
- Makes a generous, annual personal and/or business contribution to the support the work of CYT as well as solicit funds from others in the annual campaign effort.
- Holds in confidence all business matters of the Board, unless they are intended to be public information.
Elected for a three-year term (except when filling an unexpired term), subject to re-election.
Financial Expectations of Board Members:
All members of the Board of Directors are expected to become annual financial contributors to the best of their financial ability to Christian Youth Theater. It is considered exceedingly beneficial for all board members to be listed in CYT literature as financial sponsors of the organization. While there is no specific requirement for participation, it is strongly suggested that board members’ "give or get" a minimum contribution of $1,000 or more annually.
According to the Bylaws of CYT Dallas Fort-Worth:
"The Board of Directors shall elect a Chair, Vice-Chair, Finance-Chair, and Secretary. The term of each director, upon being elected to office, shall begin in January of the following year. Directors shall hold office for a term of two (2) years and each shall continue in office for such a term and until such director’s successor shall have been elected or qualified, or until such director’s death, resignation or removal."
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly Board Meetings & Some Additional Meetings