Desert Divas for Dogs is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator who can volunteer their time and services to coordinate, lead and grow our volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator will work directly with the founder in this very important role to help manage our volunteer program. We are seeking a dedicated individual that is looking for a long-term volunteer position with strong communication and organizational skills and enjoys working with others.
- Develop recruitment strategies to grow the volunteer program. Recruit and interview perspective volunteers. Help match interests with available opportunities.
- Respond to inquiries from potential volunteers who have expressed interest via phone, email, online enrollment or other means.
- Conduct volunteer orientation. Ensure volunteers feel welcomed, supported and are properly trained, as applicable. Introduce new volunteers to the leadership team and other volunteers.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer duties for events.
- Maintain volunteer database and records.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of volunteer descriptions, policies and procedures, orientation program and other volunteer materials.
- Develop and promote volunteer appreciation and retention strategies and activities.
- Manage volunteer communications (e.g., Facebook volunteer group postings, emails), and respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely and individualized manner.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise in a calm, professional manner.
- Participate in events, programs and services.
- Head Volunteer Committee and recruit volunteer team members to assist.
About Desert Divas for Dogs:
Desert Divas for Dogs is a group of animal-loving volunteers who have come together with a strong passion for helping those who cannot speak for themselves. We are dedicated to helping local animal rescues and our community by donating needed pet items and supplies and by providing educational workshops and resource information on pet care and responsible pet ownership.
As an all-volunteer organization, we rely on the talent and generosity of kindhearted individuals to help us support our mission. If you are interested in helping us help rescues and our community, we would love to hear from you. Please download and submit a Volunteer Enrollment Form from our website at www.desertdivadogs.com. Let's make a dog smile!
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18