Project Hawai'i, Inc. is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations. Our agency provides year round services to the homeless children (unsheltered) across the islands.
We are gearing up for the holidays and the long winter breaks our homeless children will face. Most people do not understand that the sad fact of being out of school is also one of the worse fears of children living in poverty. Their guaranteed meal is no longer an option and they will go days without having a nutritious meal.
Project Hawai'i volunteers are dedicated to providing food and hygiene over their long breaks as well as happy holidays. While November is also national HUNGER AWARENESS MONTH, it is also the Thanksgiving holiday away from school. YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE 3 HOUR SHIFTS. Volunteers are the backbone of our success. Please consider making a difference in the lives of homeless children this month.
- FRIDAY, Nov. 18th : Kapolei 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Safeway/Tesoro Center
- SATURDAYS: Nov. 5th & 19th in Pearl City 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. First Hawaiian Bank on the corner of Kam Hwy and Waimano Home Rd.
- SATURDAY: Nov. 12th Kapolei 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Safeway/Tesoro Center
- SUNDAYS: Nov. 6th & 20th - Kane'ohe 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Windward CITY Shopping Center at the FIRST HAWAIIAN BANK. Intersection of Burger King/Toyota near the KFC
- SUNDAY: Nov. 13th - Pearl City First Hawaiian Bank 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Volunteers please arrive 5-10 minutes early for orientation and sign in. We want to start on time!! Mahalo
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY DUTIES: All volunteers will be working as a team to accomplish our goal of raising funds. Volunteers will be holding awareness signs and fish nets to collect donations from the public. This event is not suitable to young children (under 8), or elderly (over 65ish). It tends to get too hot. Volunteers are expected to be able to walk and stand for the shift. (of course can take breaks, but must be able to dedicate their time to the 3-hour event). Volunteers will attend a short orientation and overview of our program. Then will be positioned along the sidewalks and intersections to collect donations. Volunteers will be walking back and forth throughout the shift. For those who do not wish to take this serious, please don't waste a spot. Mahalo HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Individuals/small groups under 9
- Email us with the dates you would like to attend. If it is too late to confirm, you can just show up. NO NEED TO REGISTER
- Show up 5-10 minutes prior to event/ orientation will begin on time
- Bring your community service, school, etc., papers for us to sign if you need
- GROUPS over 10 (Both Adults and High School Students)
- Email us to REQUEST the dates you would like to attend. We limit groups to 20 or less, we can accommodate you on your own date or shift if needed)
- Have your ENTIRE group show up 10 minutes prior to time to sign in. IT IS BEST TO TELL YOUR GROUP THAT IT STARTS 10 minutes early as everyone seems to run late
FAMILIES WITH YOUNGER CHILDREN:
- Families with minor children between 8-12 years:
- Families with minor children will need to be approved.
- Families with minor children will need to provide one adult supervisor willing to help.
- Please bring plenty of provisions for your child's needs, such as snacks, water, etc. Please be sure your children eat right before they come.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Comfortable clothing for the weather (typically hot). Shorts and t's are fine. Groups/companies, etc can wear their logo t's as well.
- If it rains TOO MUCH we will call it short, but you will receive your full shift hours
- Wear COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES, you will be on your feet for 3 hours walking/moving around.
- Sun protection...sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses will help you fight against the elements of being outdoors.
- If you are with a group or a company, please feel free to wear your printed t-shirts. Show the community you care.
- A water bottle is good. We will have a cooler on hand and snacks
- Your community service papers. If you don't bring them, I can't sign them
- A friend is always nice, and YOU earn an extra hour of service for bringing one.
- Please email us with your questions or concerns, and to sign up for the shift(s) of your choice. Mahalo again for your concern towards our homeless keiki!!
- T-SHIRTS: We have our volunteer t-shirts available at the event for a $20. donation. The donation will help cover the cost of the shirts and help feed a homeless child. (Please email me your size, so I can assure to bring your shirt)
- JAMBA JUICE FUNDRAISING CARDS: We have a few Jamba Juice cards left at a donation of $10. Includes a FREE JAMBA JUICE and 4 sets of BOGO. Project Hawai'i gets $5. for each card purchased
- OUTSIDE DONATIONS: For everyone who brings an outside donation of $10. or more will be entered in a drawing for a lots of great prizes, including a $25. meal gift card, Entertainment Package includes 2 movie tickets and a Popcorn/Soda package, and $10. gift card.
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours, Don't come late and leave early