We are currently seeking more Chase After a Cure gala volunteer committee members to help our organizations 9th Annual Gala planning efforts. We encourage those with previous charity event planning experience to help our efforts in raising awareness for childhood cancer and raise much-needed funds for research.
* Chaired by The Gala Committee Chair and also led by the sub-committee chairs.
* Carries out the event planning timeline and its task correlating with what sub-committee those task fall under.
* Develops promotes and executes The Gala in all aspects.
* Manages event evaluation and analyzes evaluation data to inform future Gala planning.
* Coordinates with all other sub-committee members as needed to assist with fundraising, logistics, sponsorship/auction solicitation and procurement, as well as help to sell tickets and promote The Gala.
* This committee meets monthly and when the event is closer twice a month. Those dates and times are to be determined.
Reports to: Executive director, Gala Chair and Gala Coordinator
Purpose: Assist with the planning and implementation of The Chase After a Cure Gala.
* Attend committee meetings and be present at the gala.
* Select Gala sub-committee members to participate in:
o Sponsorship recruitment
o Auction procurement
* Help secure sponsors and review sponsorship lists and supplement with personal contacts.
* Help in thanking and acknowledging all gifts contributed to The Gala
* Attend Gala and participate in the evaluation.
* Event planning
* Corporate/Customer relations
* Ticket sales
* Auction item procurement
* Public relations and promotion
* Previous gala or event planning committee experience
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- gala planning, event planning, sales, marketing, PR