About Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) and the GNP
Our mission at TEL HI is to enhance the lives of the people in our community. We accomplish this by providing free and low-cost programs and make our community stronger by focusing on helping people. For more information, check our website: http://www.telhi.org. The Garden and Nutrition Program’s (GNP) mission is to educate our participants on gardening, sustainability and nutrition. This is accomplished with regular garden and nutrition lessons where we cover all the basics such as seeding, water, MyPlate, whole grains, etc.
The Plant Sale Intern assists in the planning of the Plant Sale at TEL HI (Spring 2017). We are planning our first Plant Sale, but hope to make this an annual fundraiser and community event for our Garden Program. The Plant Sale Intern will work with the Garden and Nutrition Coordinator on developing and executing a timeline for this event.
The intern will:
- Gain first-hand experience in event planning - Improve their communication and gardening skills
- Work in a professional nonprofit office and gain insight into daily operations - Network with community members, professionals and businesses
Duties for the Plant Sale Intern
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating a timeline/calendar for event preparation
- Research and implement garden techniques for specific plants that will be sold at Plant Sale
- Create a planting schedule for seedlings
- Assess materials and equipment needed
- Assist in requesting donations for materials
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with an interest in nonprofit operations. Experience in gardening and fundraising is preferred but not required; excellent organization, communication and follow-through are required skills; must be able to receive directions and work independently; computer proficient (including Microsoft Office, Google apps).
Duration and Compensation
The Plant Sale Internship is a 10-week unpaid position. The intern is expected to work 10 hours per week for the duration of the internship. The internship begins Fall 2016.
Application and Information
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with "Plant Sale Internship" in the subject line to email@example.com. Please also highlight previous relevant experiences in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted until Monday, October 17th.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment