Afternoon Clothing Bank
The Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank (IFCB) serves approximately 400 households each week by providing food, clothing and other essential goods thanks to the team of caring and committed volunteers who come in each day to make it happen.
Our Clothing Bank helps families meet other essential needs by providing clothing, home goods, bedding, cleaning products, toiletries, personal care items and diapers. Families with children also have the opportunity to place orders through Eastside Baby Corner which is a great resource for infant and children’s clothes, baby gear, toys for all ages, and provides for children up to age 12.
The clothing bank also provides camping gear for people who self-identify as being homeless and, depending on donations, can offer tents, sleeping bags and pads, tarps and warm clothing to help protect people from the elements.
What: Volunteers are needed to help sort clothing bank donations, create displays, organize departments, greet donors, accept donations, and create a welcoming shopping environment for customers.
When: Volunteers are needed Monday-Friday, 1:30 pm - 4 pm
Where: The Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank- 179 1st Ave. SE Issaquah, WA 98027
Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work in the clothing bank.
- Approximately 60% of the people we serve are either senior citizens or children under the age of 18.
- The Food Bank serves the Issaquah School District - 4 zip codes
- The Clothing Bank covers a total of 12 local zip codes
- All of our services are provided entirely free of cost to our clients
How to get started:
1. Please register online at https://www.issaquahfoodbank.org/volunteer/
2. Log in to the volunteer dashboard and sign up for a new volunteer orientation. **Orientations are required and cover A LOT of information in 30 minutes.
3. Sign up for any volunteer shift that fits your schedule.
4. Have fun volunteering. If we're not having fun, we're not doing it right.
*Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer during regular volunteer shifts. IFCB Family Weekends are offered on the first Saturday of every month and are open to teens 13-15 years old. Teen volunteers under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or adult during Family Weekends.
**We accept court ordered community service volunteers, however we reserve the right to ask you how many hours you are required to serve and what your infraction was. We reserve the right to decline volunteers based on the nature of the offense.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1:30 pm - 4 pm